The student news site of Huntsville Junior High School

Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

HJHS Choir Trip

brad voclain, writer

Last Thursday you might have noticed a large portion of the school was gone. That was because all the band and the choir was gone. Now I don’t know what they did on the band trip, but I do know what they did on the choir trip because I was there. Besides the very long bus rides, it was a very fun trip and a lot of memories that where made that whole trip as well. Even though we should have stayed longer because of all the money we spent, it was still worth the ride there and back.

The first thing that we did was go into a science museum. Whenever we pulled up at the museum, I thought that it was going to be an old boring museum. It really wasn’t at all I’m fact, it wasn’t even close to that. There was so much to do in that museum that I didn’t think anyone got to finish all the stuff that they had in there. Unless if they did it for a min each thing and ran to the next. It was an awesome museum and if you ever go to Chicago then I would recommend you to go there.

The next thing we did was go on a boat tour. The boat was big and when I say big I mean big. It was like one of those boats that you just see everywhere on the lake. It was like top line. On the tour, we learned a lot about the buildings. Like, for instance, there are houses under the bridges it looks like people live there but they really don’t. No one lives in the houses at all. Thankfully, they had a heated part of the boat that I stayed in the most, because I forgot to pack a jacket.

Then we went to a famous deep deep dish pizza place. Personally, I thought the pizza was very good most people didn’t like it like I did. I thought it was the best pizza that I ever put in my mouth. The only pizza that they had left was a Spanish pizza and just by the sound of that it doesn’t sound good. They gave us sharpies to write our name on the table but there wasn’t very much room to write our names, so we wrote them on the wall where they still didn’t have that much room.

The last thing we did before we left was go to a medieval time thing and it was fun. Depending on where you were seated, you had to cheer for a certain team color. The colors were yellow, black, white, green, red, blue and yellow. I cheered for the yellow team. After that was over we had our award ceremony and we got gold 1 in our performance. We were happy about that, but we didn’t get anything else. We got invited to another one called the gold festival. But after that we had a dance that was just like our schools we all separated ourselves from the boys and the girls. Then we came back, and most of us will never forget that trip.