The student news site of Huntsville Junior High School

Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Emma Watson

c
c

c

Picasa

Picasa

c

Madison Jaggers, Writer

Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born on April 15 in 1990. She is 27 years old. She is a British actress, model, and activist. She was born in Paris and brought up in Oxfordshire. She attended the Dragon School and trained as an actress at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts. She rose to prominence after landing her first professional role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series, having only in school plays previously. Emma Watson played Hermione Granger in all eight Harry Potter films from 2001 to 2011, earning worldwide fame, critical accolades, and around $60 million.

Emma Watson continued to work outside of the Harry Potter films, lending her voice to The Tale of Desperaux (2008), and appearing in the 2007 television adaptation of the novel Ballet Shoes. She has also taken on starring roles in The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), and The Bling Ring (2013), made a brief appearance as an exaggerated version of herself in This is the End (2013), and she portrayed the title character’s adopted daughter in Noah (2014). In 2017, she played Belle in a live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast. Her other releases include Regression (2015), Colonia (2015), and The Circle (2017).

From 2011 to 2014, Emma Watson split her time between working on film projects and continuing her education, studying at Brown University and Worcester College, Oxford and graduating from Brown with a bachelor’s degree in English literature in May 2014. Emma’s modeling work has included campaigns for Burberry and Lancôme. As a fashion consultant, she helped make a line of clothing for People Tree. Emma was honored by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in 2014, winning for British Artist of the Year. The same year, she was appointed as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and helped launch the UN Women campaign HeForShe, which calls for men to advocate gender equality.

Emma Watson was born in Paris, France, the daughter of English lawyers, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson. She lived in Paris until the age of five. Emma’s parents divorced when she was five years old. Following their divorce, Emma Watson moved back to England to live with her mother in Oxfordshire while spending weekends at her father’s house in London. Emma has stated that she knows some French, though “not as well” as she used too. After she moved to Oxford with her brother and her mother, she attended the Dragon School in Oxford, remaining there until 2003. From the time she was six, she wanted to become an actress, and trained at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts, a part-time theatre school where she studied singing, dancing, and acting.

Emma Watson is a great singer and actress. She is also a great role model. I look up to her. She is fantastic in all her shows and movies. My favorite movie that she has been in is Beauty and the Beast. Emma Watson is a great woman and a strong leader.