The student news site of Huntsville Junior High School

Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

safest cars for teenager drivers

leila, journalism

Safest cars for teenage drivers

You’re going to be driving soon either next year or maybe in 4 years, but the point of matter is that you’re going to be a driver soon. That seems great you have a car or maybe your parents let you drive their car around sometimes, but point is you’re going to be driving and lately there has been a lot of accidents that involve cars and having the safest car is a must have. So here I have a list of the safest cars for teenage drivers

1. 2016 Chevrolet Malibu

This is a good car for teenagers why? Because it has a forward collision warning system, which warns drivers that they’re about to hit the vehicle or other object ahead of them. Some also have automatic emergency braking. It also has a crash notification system, which notifies authorities in the event of an accident serious enough to activate the airbag. It also has a backup camera with rear cross-traffic alert, which gives drivers more visibility to children, animals and other vehicles behind them. You can get this safe car for a price of 21,680 thousand.

1. 2016 Chrysler 200

This a great car for a first-time driver because it has Front side airbags, side curtain airbags, driver and front-passenger knee airbags, and rearview camera. It also has a blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, forward collusion waring with automatic breaking and the cost of this car is 23,135.

1. 2016 Honda Accord

This is a great car to have for not just a teenager this is a great car to have for anybody, the reason why though is because The new Honda Sensing package, which is available on all types of Accord, brings lots of safety tech, such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning and lane and road departure intervention. That system helps prevent the car from drifting off the road entirely. The innovative Lane Watch blind-spot system sends a low and wide view of the passenger side blind spot to the central display when the driver uses the right turn signal.

1. 2016 Subaru Impreza

The Impreza has a standard all-wheel-drive system, which makes it a great choice for any parent whose teen will be driving in slippery, snowy conditions. It’s especially useful for teen drivers still learning basic controls of a car. This has a great interior design and is very spacious. The Impreza straddles the line between a compact and midsize sedan, but the interior, particularly the rear seat, ranks as one of the roomiest cars. The Impreza also is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+, thanks to its optional front collision warning and automatic braking system.

1. 2016 Ford Fusion

With its sculpted sides and hood and a front end that borrows generously from an upscale Aston Martin design, the Fusion is one of the sharpest lookers among midsize sedans. It the latest generation of Ford’s voice command system. It can handle most navigation, music and phone functions through voice command, keeping your teen focused on the road, not on a touchscreen.

These are the top 5 cars to have for teenage drivers.