Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Michella obama

Niesha, Author

Michelle LA Vaughn Robinson Obama born January 17, 1964 is an American lawyer and writer. She is married to the 44th and current President of the United States, Barack Obama, and is the first African-American First Lady of the United States. Michelle LA Vaughn Robinson Obama is an American lawyer and writer who was First Lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She is married to the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, and was the first African-American First Lady. Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and spent her early legal career working at the law firm Sidney Austin, where she met her husband. She then worked as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the Vice President for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Barack and Michelle married in 1992 and have two daughters. By the sixth grade, Michelle was taking classes in her school’s gifted program, where she learned French and completed faster courses in biology. She went on to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet High School, the city’s first magnet high school for gifted children, where, among other activities, she served as the student government treasurer. In 1981, Michelle graduated from the school as class salutatorian.

Following in her older brother’s footsteps, Michelle then attended Princeton University, graduating cum laud in 1985 with a B.A. in Sociology. She went on to study law at Harvard Law School, where she took part in demonstrations calling for the enrollment and hiring of more smaller students and professors. She was awarded her J.D. in 1988, Initially, she refused to date Barack, believing that their work relationship would make the romance inappropriate. She eventually relented, however, and the couple soon fell in love. The Obama’ first kiss took place outside of a Chicago shopping center where a plaque featuring a photo of the couple kissing was installed more than two decades later. In August 2012 after two years of dating, Barack proposed, and the couple married at Trinity United Church of Christ on October 3, 1992. Their daughters, Mali and Sasha, were born in 1998 and 2001. In September of that year, Michelle delivered a important speech at the Democratic National Convention. “Every day, the people I meet inspire me, every day they make me proud, every day they remind me how blessed we are to live in the greatest nation on earth,” she said. “Serving as your first lady is an honor and a privilege.” She went on to praise the Latino community for supporting President Obama, and stated that her husband “the same man she fell in love with all those years ago, “understands the American Dream, as well as the everyday struggles of American families, and cares deeply about making a difference in people’s lives. Michelle won both public and critical praise for her narrative, called a “shining moment” by The Washington Post.