Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Lebron James

Anna Claire Keith, writer

Lebron James was born in 1984 on December 30 in Akron, Ohio. James went to St. Mary High and joined the basketball team in 1999. When Lebron was a freshman he averaged 18 points per game and helped his team in the division 2 Championship. They won with him scoring 25 points. James was named PARADE magazine’s high school boys basketball player of the year. Also, he was named Gatorade player of the year. Lebron was a fan favorite and someone all the scouts where looking at. He even thought about going to pro. Lebron decided that he was going to finish his education and not to go pro. In his senior year, he averaged 31.6 points a game.

Lebron decided not to go to college and to go straight into the NBA. He was the first pick in the 2003 NBA draft and was drafted to the Cleveland Cavaliers. He also signed many endorsements like a 90 million Nike deal. James won rookie of the year. In the summer of 2004 Lebron made the USA team and he traveled to Athens Greece. He and his teammate took home bronze and lost to Lithuania. In the next season, he made history and becoming the youngest player in the NBA to score 50 or more points in a game. In 2006 he helped his team to reach the Eastern Conference Finals but, they lost. The Cavs become stronger and stronger and reached to the NBA Finals but, once again they lost to the Spurs.

James once again made the US team and traveled to Beijing China and this time they brought home the gold by beating Spain in the championship. Lebron was a free agent and was ready to leave Cleveland. James announced that he would be playing for the Miami Heat. Many of his fans didn’t like his move and thought that it was selfish. In the 2011-12 season the Heat beat OKC in the NBA Finals and Lebron won his first championship. James was asked to play in his third Olympic game in London Europe. The team took home the gold Lebron won his second gold medal. In 2012-13 season the Heat once again was in the NBA Final and played the San Antonio Spurs. They won in a six-game series. With Lebron winning his second ring. Also, he won Finals MVP. In 2014 James decided not sigh with the Heat and to go somewhere else.

Outside the NBA Lebron has a family with 3 kids 2 sons and 1 daughters. He started the Lebron James Family Foundation in 2004. It helps single parents who are in need. He also builds playgrounds in round down areas and host an annual bike-a-thon.

James decide to go back to his home which is Cleveland. They made it to the Finals that year but lost to the Golden State Warriors. James was ready for the next season and to beat the Warriors and that is what he did. They made it to the Finals and they came back from a 3-1 lead and forced a game 7. They won and he was announced Finals MVP. Lebron and the Cavs are ready to beat the Warriors once again. Lebron is also hoping he will win MVP this year.