The student news site of Huntsville Junior High School

Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Darth Vader: The Dark Lord of the Sith

Christopher Parker, Writer

Star Wars is an ongoing fantasy world created by George Lucas. The characters in Star Wars play a huge role in the story, but one character changed the whole idea of Star Wars. Darth Vader is one of the main characters in the story. In the first two and a half movies Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) was a young Jedi who seemed to be the chosen one by the Jedi. He then proved them wrong when lured in to be a Sith by Darth Sidious or Emperor Palpatine. The Republic became the Empire and the Galaxy was taken over by the Empire. Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine were the leaders of the Empire and destroyed the Jedi.

Darth Vader was a Jedi named Anakin Skywalker, but he became a Sith because of fear and anger. He turned against his friend, master, and family because of hate for the Jedi. He then seized all operations, took control of the clones of the republic, and executed Order 66 with Emperor Palptine. He became feared around the galaxy. When Anakin turned against his Jedi friend, and killed his wife. Then, he fought his friend in a lightsaber duel and overestimated his power, and tried to maneuver over his friend (Obi Wan Kenobi). When he attempted his maneuver, he risked his life and had two legs and an arm burned and cut off by Obi Wan’s blue lightsaber.

He was severely injured and needed medical assistance fast. The emperor summoned his pain and rushed to find him. He was brought to the medical station quickly and returned to have a suit waiting on him. There at the medical station they tried to treat his burns and they put his iconic suit on him. Darth was out of control and his suit gave him the ability to walk and breathe again. His new lightsaber he constructed was made with a firm grip just for his suit and his gloves. Asoka Tano (his old padawan) left the Jedi order very young. She turned into a grey Jedi which later Asoka and Darth Vader met again. Vader wanted to destroy her and Asoka wanted to know why he turned.

As of right now Darth Vader destroyed Asoka Tano and stayed a Sith until Return of the Jedi when Luke Skywalker (his son) finally defeated him when cutting off his arm in a duel. Then Emperor Palptine tried to kill Luke and Darth Vader destroyed Palptine for the love of his son and daughter who name is Princess Leia. Darth Vader died by running out of oxygen when Luke was told to take off his mask by Vader. He wanted to look upon his son with his own eyes. Darth Vader had met his end. Darth Vader will always be remembered and is in many Star Wars Movies such as Revenge of the Sith, Rogue one, A new Hope, Empire Strikes back, Return of the Jedi, and his burned mask was shown in the new Star Wars: the force wakens. Hopefully more of Darth Vader will come.