Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Alex Morgan

Ansley Scales

Alex Morgan is a very famous United States soccer player. She was born on July 2, 1899. She was born in San Dimas, California, to Michael Morgan and Pamela Morgan. She was the youngest child of three kids. Her two older sisters’ names were Jeri and Jeni. She played many sports when she was younger but didn’t start playing organized soccer until she was fourteen years old. She went to Diamond Bar High School. She was a three-time all-league pick there and was also named an NSCAA All-American. For college she went to the University of California at Berkeley. She helped her team the Golden Bears go to the NCAA Tournament all four years she played soccer there. In 2008, she helped the U.S. make it to the championship in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, where she won them the game by scoring the final goal against North Korea. The goal was the second-best Goal of Year and the Goal of the Tournament by FIFA.

After four years at Berkeley college in 2010, she was tied for third for the list of all-time scorers at the school. She had a total of 45 goals. She was also third in points with 107 points. She probably would have been number one on both lists, but she had missed a lot of games her final year because of national games. She was named to the All-Pac-10 several times. She was also a Pac-10 All-Academic honorable mention selection three times.

Alex Morgan turned professional in 2011 when she was drafted first into the 2011 Women’s Professional Soccer draft. That year, she was also a part of the U.S. women’s national team in the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup. She scored her first World Cup goal in the semi-finals game where they were playing France. They went onto the finals, but lost to Japan. At the end of the season in 2011, she joined the Seattle Sounders Women of the United Soccer Leagues W-League with some of national team players. Later on she joined the Portland Thorns FC of the National Women’s Soccer League.

In 2012, Alex Morgan got a spot on the U.S. Olympic women’s soccer team. In the 2012 summer Olympics in London, she won her first Olympic medal with the U.S. team when they beat Japan, 2-1, while being watched by close to 80,300 people. It was the fourth time the U.S. women’s soccer team had won since they were first in the Olympics in 1996.

In 2015, Morgan injured her knee badly and wasn’t back in full strength to play in the FINA World Cup that summer. Even so, she still played, and the team ended up getting their first World Cup title since the year 1999. At the Olympic games in 2016 that were held in Rio, Alex Morgan and her teammates were favored to win a gold medal.  They were tied at the end, but ended up losing on penalty kicks. That had been the earliest the American team had ever gotten out in an Olympic competition in the team’s history.

Alex Morgan is a great soccer player. She’s been very successful in her career. She went to the Olympics twice and has competed in quite a few national and world competitions. She has won many important titles throughout her years of playing soccer. She done a lot to do good and help her teams to win.