Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

Kyle lowry

Elijah smart, Writter

Kyle Lowry is an American professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association. He attended Cardinal Dougherty High School in Philadelphia and declared for the NBA draft after two seasons with Villanova University under coach Jay Wright. He was selected by the Memphis Grizzlies with the 24th pick in the 2006 NBA draft.

Lowry is credited with helping lead the Raptors to the playoffs and win an Atlantic Division title for the first time in seven years, during the 2013–14 season, his second season with the team.[1] In 2015–16, he helped lead the Raptors to 56 wins, the highest win total in franchise history, and helped the team reach the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time. As a member of the Raptors, Lowry has been a three-time NBA All-Star, voted in as an Eastern Conference starter in 2015 and 2016, and was named to the All-NBA Third Team in 2016. He has appeared as a member of the U.S. men’s national team, winning a gold medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.

2016-17 season On November 28, 2016, Lowry set a franchise record by hitting all six of his three-pointers for a game-high 24 points in a 122–95 win over the Philadelphia 76ers. On December 9, he scored 21 of his then season-high 34 points in the second half of the Raptors’ 101–94 win over the Boston Celtics. He set a new season high on December 23, scoring 36 points, including 19 in the fourth quarter, to lead the Raptors to a 104–98 victory over the Utah jazz. On January 1, 2017, he scored 20 of his season-high 41 points in the fourth quarter of the Raptors’ 123–114 win over the Los Angeles Lakers. He also had nine rebounds and seven assists, and went 5-of-6 from three-point range. On February 5, 2017, he recorded his ninth career triple-double with 15 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in a 103–95 win over the Brooklyn nets. The following day in the Raptors’ 118–109 win over the Los Angeles Clippers, Lowry became the Raptors’ franchise leader in three-pointers when he buried one from beyond the arc with 5:27 to play in the first half. His third three-pointer of the night gave him 802 in a Toronto uniform, surpassing Morris Peterson’s mark. On April 5, 2017, he returned from an 18-game absence with a wrist injury, played 42 minutes and had 27 points and 10 assists to help the Raptors overcome a 20-point first-half deficit in a 105–102 victory over the Detroit pistons.

DJ Langley 8th grader thinks that even though Kyle Lowry is not talked about as much as any other player he is still a very good point guard and deserves more credit for the things he does for the Toronto Raptors. DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry put the team on their back and win games for them. Kyle Is a great persona and an even better basketball player who will be remembered as a great player who played on a great team.