Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

2017 NFL Predictions

John-Bradley Whitmire, Writer

Cleveland Browns

2016: 1-15, obviously didn’t make playoffs

2017 8-8, loses wild card

Deshone Kizer makes entrance around week 7, comes in and saves the Brown from a 2-4 start to go 8-8. Isiah Crowell rushes for 1100 yards behind a much better line after going for 1000 last year. Receivers Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt combine for 1800 yards, and tight end David Njoku grabs over 100 receptions for 700 yards.

Dallas Cowboys

2016- 13-3. Lost in divisional round

2017 14-2 Make it to the Super Bowl

Dak Prescott continues to learn the playbook, develops more polish, and leads the league in completion percentage and is top 5 in passer rating. Zeke finishes with 2000 yards and several fines for excessive celebration. Byron Bell replaces Ron Leary on the O-Line and does not disappoint.  La’el Collins makes the transition to right tackle easily and performs above expectations.

New York Giants

2016 11-5, lost in wild card

2017 12-4, makes it to conference championship, loses to Dallas

The Giants made somewhat of an odd draft, picking slot receiver Evan Engram in the first round instead of an offensive lineman, which they sorely needed. Instead, they added to an already deep receiving corps. The defense stays solid, although gives more in the run game after Jonathan Hankins leaves for the Indianapolis Colts. They lose to the Cowboys twice, and finish second in the division.

Philadelphia Eagles

2016:  7-9, did not make playoffs

2017 9-7, wins wild card and loses in divisional.

Carson Wentz performed decently in the Eagles system, but will learn more and contribute much more in his sophomore year. In the offseason, the Eagles acquired star wide out Alshon Jeffrey, and Torrey Smith, two dangerous weapons for the young South Dakota State product. In the draft, they selected edge rusher Derek Barnett, and RB and WR Donnel Pumphrey, another way for Wentz to end up in the end zone. The Eagles are trying to make things as easy as possible for Wentz and are priming him for a championship run.

Washington Redskins

2016: 8-7-1, barely missed playoffs, came down to week 17 game

2017 5-11, misses playoffs by a large margin

Kirk Cousins is tired of getting franchise tagged and throws the season to get released and signs with the 49ers. Jonathan Allen gets injured and only manages 4 games on the season, getting 5.5 sacks. The Redskins offense has always struggled, and with no better running back than Samanje Perine, and after the departure of thousand yard receivers Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson, the Redskins offense doesn’t stand a chance.

NFC South

Saints Quarterback Drew Brees and his high-flying offense become the 2016 Falcons, with a large offense exploding and a young defense coming out surprisingly strong, Leading the team to winning the NFC South after the Falcons drop off after a super bowl appearance, and the Panthers get even worse even with Christin McCaffrey. Bucs’ Jameis Winston and Desean Jackson finish 10-6, taking one of the wild card spots, pushing the Falcons practically out of the playoffs. Adrian Peterson won’t hurt the Saints.