The student news site of Huntsville Junior High School

Panther Print

• January 22May 2 - 13: ACT Aspire

• January 22April 28 - May 13: ACT End of Course Tests (Algebra I and Geometry)

• January 22April 18 - 27: STAR Spring Benchmark

American Idol Revival

Caden Jackson, Journalist and Writer

American Idol Revival

American Idol was a television show that ran from 2002 to 2016. It was a singing competition, most recently hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Since it was canceled in 2016, there have been rumors of the popular show being revived. It was canceled when the ratings dropped. Recently, ABC confirmed that the show would be coming back after just two years. Recently, there have been some commercials about the show’s return.

ABC has not announced who the judges or the host will be. Ryan Seacrest is still being debated whether he will be returning as host. When the show was canceled, Ryan said, “Goodbye for now,” in hopes of the show returning.

The revival of all these shows is a bold move because ratings of the adults under the age of fifty has lowered by 24 percent in the last few years. In fact, many ABC and FOX shows will be revived in the next season. American Idol’s last season had over 11 million views, and received huge ratings. That may be the reason for the show being recovered.

I interviewed a few students about their thoughts on this topic:

Anna Katherine Ares, a seventh grader, said, “Yes, I did know that this show was coming back because of the commercials. I will only watch this show when it comes back if I don’t have anything else to watch. This is a good show and all, but Dancing with the Stars is way better.

Fallon Limberg, a seventh grader, said,” Yes, I heard it was coming back on a radio commercial. I will watch the show again because I watched it before it was canceled, and I really liked it. It has a great concept, and the singers on the show are talented. I especially like the judges. Some of them are nice, some are mean, but they are all great judges.”

Logan Parker, a seventh grader, said, “No, I had no idea that this show was returning, but I’m glad it is because I always used to watch it with my brother. When the last episode aired, I was really upset. It is an amazing show with good judges who are some great celebrities. I’ll definitely be watching this when it comes back on.”

Brad Voclain, a seventh grader, said, “I didn’t know this would be coming back. Now, that I know, I’m excited, and I will be looking forward to the first episode’s release. I like the singers on the show, and it is an overall entertaining show. I think I will watch this show when it returns.”

American Idol was debated on whether it should come back. After hearing, what some students had to say, I would say that they made the right decision.

So, television networks and the people all want American Idol back. Their wishes won’t be wishes anymore when the show comes back, sometime in less than a year. There isn’t an official date yet, but the viewers obviously want the show to return.